Easy Fruit Punch Recipe|Passion fruit drink|Summer Slush
The Best Antioxidant drink that you make right at home
The monsoons have just started in India, but still the pangs of the humid summer heat have not settled. With a plethora of tropical fruits in my garden, I thought it was best to make a jug of healthy juice. This recipe calls for fresh fruits.
Since I had passion fruits, some ripe Indian cherries and nutmeg fruit, I thought of making a delectable juice from just these three ingredients. Trust me, this is so refreshing, and so very healthy. Plus, if you are on detox mode, this is the best thing to drink two times a day.
Now, I have used, nutmeg flesh here. It is the fruit that covers the nutmeg seed. Most often, people throw it away or make a pickle out of it. But we like it sweet too. To store it for the whole year, you need to remove the nutmeg seed, peel off the skin, wash, dice it up. Then make a sugar syrup and cook these bite size morsels for about 2 minutes.
How does it taste?
If your thinking, about the nutmeg taste,- I have one word- it tastes healthy! It has got a dash of ginger, peppery taste, but nothing is overpowering. It is good for stomach upsets, weight control and yes, is highly antioxidant in nature.
How to Make Tasty Fruit Punch
A fabulous fruit mixed drink to try at any time of the year. Go ahead, make in advance and serve it up to your guests.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: none
Total Time: 10 minutes
Serve 6-7 people
Cuisine: Tropical Drinks, Summer cool drinks, antioxidant drinks
Ingredients of Tasty Fruit Punch
Fresh cherries ripe- About 10 pitted
Fresh Passion Fruit- 5 large or 7 medium ones
Nutmeg fruit cubes (optional) - 2 large tablespoons
Granulated sugar- 8-10 Tablespoons
Cold water- about 2-3 cups
Strainer – to strain the blended juice
Directions to Make Tasty Fruit Punch
- Wash cherries, takes seeds out and keep aside in a bowl
- Wash and cut passion fruits into half and scoop out the pulp. Keep pulp aside in a bowl.
- Nutmeg flesh cubes (about 2 tablespoons) can be placed in another bowl.
- Place all these fruits in a mixie grinder and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, add sugar and keep aside.
- Now, slowly pour the blended juice through a strainer and strain out the fin juice with no pulp at all.
- Pour this clear thick liquid into the sugar and mix well.
- Add cold water and more sugar to your preference. You can mix in normal temperature water as per your comfort level.
- Garnish with a few mint leaves.
- Serve immediately or reserve in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Check out the video to get a better idea. You can mix and match any fruits you like and share those opinions with me. I am foodie, but with an idea to make healthy food tasty. So, lets’ share ideas and help our children eat healthy.